WELCOME to the Kick-off of the EZ Dresden Quilting Challenge!
The Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild has partnered with EZ Quilting to create a fantastic quilt challenge (if we do say so ourselves) to celebrate Darlene Zimmerman’s 20th Anniversary with EZ Quilting. We’ve got an exciting 14-day blog hop planned, multiple chances to win the EZ Dresden Quilting Ruler for working on your quilts, plus loads of fabulous prizes.
THE Darlene Zimmerman
We were bit by the Dresden Plate bug when several members of the guild attended the 2011 Spring Quilt Market here in Salt Lake City. Frankly, we met Darlene and her fancy rulers, which some of us already own and love, and we were smitten. Then we learned the beauty in the Dresden Plate lies in its versatility. You can do so many things with this one ruler. Initially we thought we’d do a little challenge within our guild, but it grew and grew and now here we are, all together at the start of something we hope is really big. We’re glad you’re here!
Here’s the scoop:
- Follow along June 2-14 with some of our favorite bloggers (some you may know, and others who might be new to you). Plus meet some of our talented guild members along the way.
- Work like the dickens from June 15-August 31 on your project.
- Come back here Sept 1-6 for a Linky Party to enter your creation(s). MARK YOUR CALENDERS
- Wait patiently while the judges do their thing, then see who wins on September 17.
- Winning quilts get tons of prizes (with random drawings too) PLUS they get to have their quilts displayed in the EZ Quilting/Simplicity booth at the 2012 Fall Quilt Market. How awesome is that?!
You can find all the nitty gritty details here. Be sure to grab our button (on the right) and add it to your blog so others can play along.
We’ve planned three categories (small, traditional design, and innovative design) to cover quilters with all styles. Plus, the bloggers cover a range of styles as well so you are sure to be inspired! Along the way bloggers will be giving away rulers to lucky winners. No worries if you don’t win, you can order a ruler here or pick one up at your LQS. NOTE: You aren’t required to use the ruler on your project but it sure would be a nice way to support Darlene.
To get your creative juices flowing The Alliance for American Quilts (one of our generous sponsors) has put together a Pinterest page with examples of Dresden Plate quilts included in their Quilt Index. Feel free to pin Dresden quilts that blow your skirt up if you’re into that sort of thing.
So, THE PRIZES (are you sitting down?)
Judges will select their five favorites from each of the three categories then decide as a team the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Place winners. We’ll use a random number generator to divy up the rest of the loot.
- Singer 7469Q Confidence Quilter Sewing Machine
- An Oliso Iron
- Gutterman Thread (In-home Cabinet) 100 spools, 100 m, 100% cotton
- Photo of the Grand Prize project in 1/3 page Simplicity advertisement in Quilting Arts Magazine
- Small quilt made by Darlene in her latest fabrics
- Simplicity Deluxe Sidewinders
- American Spirit by Fairfield queen-sized batts
- One year membership to The Alliance for American Quilts
- Subscription to Quilting Arts magazine
- FQ bundles of Robert Kaufman Kona cotton & Feedsack Lady prints
- EZ Quilting Rulers designed by Darlene Zimmerman
- Darlene’s latest pattern book
- $50 Gift Certificate to Canton Village Quilt Works
- A FREE class at Craftsy.com
- any other prizes we can score.
The Blog Hop
Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild: Wrap-up http://www.slmqg.com/
Finally, a special THANK YOU to all of our generous sponsors:
Ready, Set, GO!
See you tomorrow on the first stop–Lee from Freshly Pieced Quilts